Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Monty Python's Meaning of Life


I have tried many many times to get into Monty Python, not only because of my good buddy Steeven, host of the Just Another Fanboy Podcast, but also because almost everyone with a comparible sense of humor to me loves Python. So i've tried and tried to get into it but every time I watch an episode of Flying Circus or pop in a Python movie I turn it off within 30 seconds and decide to do something else, not because i don't like it, but because I have a i'm pretty sure I have ADD. But last night I decided to force myself to sit through Monty Python's Meaning of Life, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I just love the structure of the film, it starts with a short and is then split into little segments, and I think thats genius. I was suprised at how dirty the film was, I had always considered Python to be clean, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it. My favorite segments were probably a tossup between Live Organ Transplants and Death. Monty Python's Meaning of Life has not made me an instant fanatic, but it has peaked my interest in Python, and I will deffinetly be diving deeper into their stuff very very soon.

No comments: