Sunday, January 18, 2009

American Teen


The documentary American Teen started generating buzz early last year at the Sundance Film Festival. The movie centers around the lives of High School Students in a rural Indiana town, the Jock, the Princess, the Rebel, the Geek, and the Heartthrob. These people are of course used as stereotypes to give you a feel of what High School is like these days, and I, being in High School myself, feel that they did it. When I watch a fiction film about High School, modern or retro, I don't feel that they capture what it is really like, but this movie does it. I related the most to Hannah in film, I felt like she was almost the female version of myself, being interested in film and all. But I feel that everyone will find a person to relate to in these simple stereotypes of people, and thats one of the great things about this movie. The one thing that I didn't like about the movie was the animations which felt very budget, and it felt a little long in spots, but otherwise American Teen was very enjoyable for me, and I recommend it to you all.

No comments: