Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pineapple Express


Today I watched  Pineapple Express and I thought it was a lot of fun, but I was a little let down by it. The only reason I was let down by it was because when I saw the original trailer it completely blew my mind, that plus the fact that David Gordon Green was involved, so I expected something amazing. But Pineapple Express was not what I was expecting. It really is more of a tribute to Comedies of the 80's like See No Evil, Hear No Evil. But nonetheless I still enjoyed it, especially the big action blow out at the end of the movie. One actor who I really enjoyed was Danny McBride, who has been in a lot of mainstream Apatow comedies lately, but is also a David Gordon Green protege. He co-stared  in Green's early film All The Real Girls and plays Red in this. Even though Pineapple Express didn't completely meet my expectations, I still enjoyed it, and I recommend you go out and see it.

No comments: